My name is Stuart. I do strategic thinking and synthesis — pulling together your vision, the web, open source, architecture, and product design to make amazing things. I can understand your business, and work with both management and the dev team. I provide advice and expertise as your embedded expert. I do custom development for the web, mobile, and Ubuntu. I’ve written books, and I regularly give talks at conferences and to companies. Read more about what I do at kryogenix.org.
Projects & consultancy
As Kryogenix Consulting, I’ve worked on many projects, including:
- Architecture and system design for the complete rebuild of a high-traffic signup process for a major UK political party, allowing a high volume of new people to join the party. (Technologies: node, swagger, redis, amqp, client-side JS, Android/iOS)
- Architecture and system design for an accessibility project for two international airlines and a major accessibility consultancy, to allow very large sites to meet government accessibility requirements under tight deadlines and enable a team of developers to individually build contributions. (Technologies: node, client-side JS)
- Measure, a contributor relationship management system, built and released as open source and in testing by major tech companies worldwide. See Measure on Github. (Technologies: node, PHP, client-side JS, CSS, MongoDB, redis, ghcrawler)
- Consultant and embedded expert to a healthcare software developer on their major product. (Technologies: Meteor)
- Riddling, a top game for iOS, Android, Firefox OS, and Ubuntu, as featured in the New York Times.
- Soonsnap, a mobile web app for sending just-taken photos to people near you, as featured by BBC Click.
- Technical writing and conducting the Open Source Leaders series of audio interviews for Bitnami and Microsoft.
- With Storythings and Click, The Noise, an iPad web way of publishing a play to create an immersive digital experience.
- Canonical, 2009-2013
- Strategic Architect and head of Futures team, Online Services; shaped the direction of the Ubuntu One online service; designed and built APIs and ran the developer programme
- GCap Media, 2008-2009
- Complete rework of GCap’s online presence; Python and Django
- Mills & Reeve, 1999-2008
- Development, then head of the dev team; legal IT and intranet
- University of Durham
- BSc. Hons (Dunelm), Philosophy and Computer Science
- 5 Synthesis
- 5 Architecture & planning
- 5 The open Web
- 5 Open source
- 4 Python
- 4 Technical writing
- 3 PHP
- 3 AWS/ops
- 3 Linux use and management
- ☎ 0788 1632524
- 🌐 kryogenix.org
- 📧 email@example.com
- 🐦 sil
- 🏭 linkedin.com/in/stuartlangridge/