That git Steve pokes me with the latest trendy meme (which is not actually latest as I think it got started some time in the Middle Ages), and I do believe I got similarly poked by Matt Revell on the same subject a while back. So, five things you don’t know about me. I ought to note that I don’t think that there are five things that no-one knows about me, so you may know some or all of these.
- I have ankylosing spondylitis, a “chronic, painful, degenerative inflammatory arthritis primarily affecting spine and sacroiliac joints, causing eventual fusion of the spine”. The painful bit is certainly right; the medical stuff I take on trust. So, y’know, thanks a lot for that, Dad. It’s an autoimmune disease, which is a term you never hear except on House where they say it all the time, although on that programme they all have some kind of horrible serious thing that’s going to kill them in two hours.
- I’m moving jobs. In mid-March I leave Mills & Reeve, the law firm where I’ve worked for eight years, and I go to GCap Media, who own loads and loads of commercial radio stations. I’m pretty excited about this.
- I was interviewed on BBC Radio Norfolk once, along with Kam, Natalie, and Urgit, about alt.fan.eddings.
- I can roll my tongue. Apparently it’s genetic; only some percentage of the population can do it. No idea why this is a useful genetic talent, although Richard Dawkins probably has a theory that it’s all to do with making me more sexually attractive to women to increase my chances of passing on my genes or something.
- I haven’t seen any of the first three Star Wars films (that is, the last three in creation date but the first three of the nine, if you see what I mean). Just never got around to it. People keep telling me that I should do, and I just can’t be arsed with it.
Is anyone else tempted to just make shit up in these things? “I am really Harlan Ellison.” “I can suspend myself from a ledge by one finger.” “I have a third eye in the back of my head.” “I can haz cheezburger.” It’s pretty tempting. I’m supposed to tag other people. Don’t break the chain, etc, etc. To be honest I think this stuff gets made up by demons who are determined to make the human race endure the psychic pain of trying to think of things which are simultaneously (a) interesting (b) secret (c) not too secret. I mean, if I was really a Russian spy or had a third bollock or something, am I likely to talk about this on the internet? Nonetheless, it is now my solemn duty to make five people suffer as I have suffered. I think we’ll have Aquarion, Christian Heilmann, Mr Ben, Sam Rowe to see if he’s still alive, and Davyd Madeley.